Friday, March 7, 2014

Journey to Miss International

We are officially 143 days away from Pageant week and 148 days until a new Miss International is crowned.

 
Jesse Ladoue, Miss International 2013
 
Every day is filled with breathtaking anticipation, beautiful moments, incredible opportunities and TONS of excitement (and I love excitement)!

The journey to the Miss International Competition has not only given me the opportunity to continue with my charity work and community service, but, I have also been able to develop new skills and improve upon a few others. Skills such as discipline and leadership, which I acquired through my work with the Toastmasters International organization, continues to grow through this journey.  Working more closely with the American Dance Therapy Association through my platform of Dance Therapy is quite rewarding and fullfilling.

When I started this journey, I knew I wanted to make an impact, and I knew I wanted to enjoy this moment.  Even before I get to the actual pageant, I can say without hesitation that the latter action of enjoyment has already been fullfilled. Participation in and future calendar bookings for speaking engagements, dance performances, charity walks and opportunities to host events, coupled with direct advocacy with the American Dance Therapy Association have all served to surpass my expectation and I know this journey is changing my life for the better.  Bringing awareness to Dance Therapy is equally rewarding and the wealth of knowledge that surrounds the field is tremendous.  I never get tired of learning more about how dance therapy improves the lives of every individual who partakes in it. Which is why I encourage everyone to "dance your dance."

Best
Stacey Greene
Miss St. Kitts and Nevis International 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment